Tuesday, October 26, 2010

給食-kyushoku-school lunch

Today at Togari I ate with the 3rd graders.  It just so happened that today's menu was chosen by the class.  Usually once a month one grade level can choose what they want to have in their "ideal lunch."  Here was today's menu:

Fried cocoa bread--bread that's fried once and then doused in cocoa powder
Kimchee soup--kimchee flavored soup with pork and vegetables
Grilled cod--with a mayonnaise, apple and onion mix on top
Sea vegetable salad--cucumbers and various types of seaweed mixed in a vinaigrette
Coffee Milk--no, not regular milk...delicious, sweet, coffee flavored milk!!!!!
Strawberry Jelly--almost frozen with real pieces inside!  It was kind of like water ice >3< yum

I must admit when i first saw my tray I was concerned , but by the end of the meal I was proud of the 3rd graders!  I asked the nutritionist later how many calories were in this meal and she avoided answering me for a bit... lol over 900 kcalories, 200 over the usual 700 they are allotted! hahahaha but it's all good.  As long as there's no shrimp, it's okay!

2 comments:

  1. I want to try fried cocoa bread! Keep exploring the great unknowns... of school cafeteria food! Take care, Dr. G

    ReplyDelete
  2. wait. I don't know this: do you NOT like shrimp?

    ReplyDelete